Fiona A. McCormick joined The Law Offices of David R. Del Re, P.C. in June, 2012. Ms. McCormick was admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois in November, 2005. Ms. McCormick has practiced in Lake County for over 10 years, concentrating in family law. Ms. McCormick has also practiced in the counties of Cook, McHenry and DuPage. Ms. McCormick is proficient in sign language and has completed the 40 hour Family and Divorce Mediation Training.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana J.D. May, 2005
- Carroll College, Waukesha, Wisconsin B.A., December, 2001 – Major: History, Minor: Political Science
Leadership, Membership & Honors
At Valparaiso University, Ms. McCormick was a member of Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity and served as the Philanthropy Committee Chair in 2003 -2004. Ms. McCormick studied abroad in law school at the Cambridge Summer Law Program in 2003. Additionally, Ms. McCormick was an Illinois Bar Association Scholarship Winner. Ms. McCormick participated in the VITA Program (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program) which worked with the IRS to prepare income tax returns for low income, handicapped and the elderly members of the community.
Ms. McCormick was a Judicial Extern for Judge Mary Harper in the Porter Superior Court, Family Division in the Spring of 2005.
Prior to law school, Ms. McCormick graduated magna cum laude from Carroll College and received the graduating honor, Delta Sigma Nu, which is awarded to the top 10% of the graduating class. Ms. McCormick received the award for the Best Paper in a Humanities Class for her Senior thesis paper in 2001- 2002. While at Carroll College, Ms. McCormick was selected to be a member of Phi Alpha Theta History Honors Society.
Memberships & Volunteer Work
- Jefferson Inn, American Inn of Courts
- Illinois State Bar Association Assembly Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Lake County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Association of Women Attorneys of Lake County
- Volunteer Moot Court Judge for North Suburban Bar Association
- Volunteer Attorney for Prairie State Legal Services