L. Kat Allen joined The Law Offices of David R. Del Re, P.C. in October of 2014. Ms. Allen was admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois in November of 2010. Ms. Allen has practiced exclusively within the area of family law since graduation from law school and has also practiced in the counties of Cook and DuPage. She is a court-appointed mediator, child representative, and guardian ad litem for the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois – J.D. May, 2010
- Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania – B.S. in Business Administration, May 2007
Leadership, Membership & Honors
At Chicago-Kent College of Law, Ms. Allen was the Vice President of the Student Bar Association and served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Leida J. Gonzalez-Santiago in the domestic relations division of Cook County, Illinois where she first realized that family law was the area of law she wanted to practice after graduation.
Prior to law school, Ms. Allen graduated from Bucknell University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. While in college, Ms. Allen was captain of the Track and Field team her junior and senior years. She is also a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority.
Memberships & Volunteer Work
- Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Lake County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Association of Women Attorneys of Lake County
- Volunteer Attorney for Prairie State Legal Services